Sunday 29 January 2017

Visual Research

After researching an animation on PES, whose work was heavily influenced by Jan Svankmajer. I came across this video in which shows a unique paper animation involving a motorcycle. I really like the use of paper cut outs in this animation. I also like the idea of bringing paper to life.


I next had a look at this video, which was also created by PES. This video consisted of two love swans made out of fabric towels. I was really inspired by this piece because as well as being a love story, it presents animals made from everyday objects, which I find interesting.
 

After watching both of the videos, it gave me an idea of meshing both videos together and to make an animation which involves origami animals. I chosen this because it's a technique that is new to me.

Here is an example of origami stop-motion animation.

Here is another example of origami stop motion animation.

Although it lacks colour, I like the visuals on this video. Most assets are constructed out of paper, or at least appear so. It features many folding animations and transitions between scenes.

Origami In the Pursuit of Perfection from MABONA ORIGAMI on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment