Monday 30 November 2015

Hand drawn animation

This is one of my personal favourite subjects in the animation industry. The good old classical hand drawn animation just like they did in the early 20th century. It is used world wide and is considered by many to be a very good form of animation technique. It is commonly known to be used by Walt Disney, Walter Lantz and Tex Avery.

I remember as a kid, I used to draw tiny basic characters in my drawing book on each page and then flip the pages over rapidly to make it move. That is the basic principal to hand drawn animation.

This is where my classical animation pegbar comes into use. A4 papers are hole-punched with a special animation device.


The image above shows the guide that I have planned out each individual frame, so that when I drew them on paper, I know exactly where the ball is going to be and where the tail is going to be positioned.
 
Here is the result of my final animation - https://vimeo.com/147368671


No comments:

Post a Comment