Tuesday 27 December 2016

Final project process

Dynamic simulation
I used this smoke video and integrated it into the composition.

I added dynamic smoke into the end of the sequence. I've also added some colour correction because the capacity level made the smoke too clear.


Applying Animated elements to footage
I rendered out the current composition and imported the video into 3DS Max so that I could animate the lighter according to the hand. I used key-framing animation and went through every frame to make sure that the lighter fitted well into the rotoscoped hand.
I've also added a mental ray material so that the lighter appears more realistic.




Rotoscoping


Tracking
I tracked the hand from the original footage. I decided to use the stripes from the jacket sleeve as a track point since I thought it was the most distinctive. I tracked the hand coming off the screen and applied the tracking motion to a still image of the lighter, so that the hand appears to be picking up the lighter.


Animated mask
I created an animated mask to cut out the hands of the original footage. This needed to be done so that the hand appeared as if it was part of the still image I put as a background in the animation. I made a different mask for each section of the hand. This way it would be easier to manipulate.



Chroma-keying
A few changes have been made from the planned project. I decided to use stock footage in terms of chroma-keying.

I used this stock footage of a female pointing out with a stick. I chroma-keyed the female into the computer screen so that she appears to be directing the rotoscoped hand to coming out of the screen and placing the lighter on the desk.


No comments:

Post a Comment