Thursday 8 December 2016

Progress

I recorded a video using a Canon DSLR camera to obtain top quality footage. The video includes me holding a cigarette pressing down on a key and then acting as if grabbing the lighter, so I would be acting the parts for the project.  However I made a mistake while recording this video and didn't realise until afterwards. The lower right area is surrounded by wire and could be a problem with the chroma-keyed person appearing there.

To avoid re-recording, I took a picture of a desk that lacks any visible wires in the lower right area, then I put it into After Effects. I masked out the monitor and keyboard from the original footage and applied them to the photo to make it appear as if the monitor and keyboard is actually on the image. There was also a wire overlapping the monitor  which could not be masked out. So I used the spot healing tool in Photoshop to make the wire disappear from the screen.




















































Rotoscoping
In addition, I've recorded my hand which appears to be coming out of the screen, holding an object (which will be the lighter) and then giving it to the character before disappearing back into the screen.
I took note of the lighting and shadows in the room and did my best to match it up with the shadows on the rotoscoped hand.


Rotoscope from Jack Vanes on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment