Wednesday 8 February 2017

Box and Edge Modelling

Box modelling
Box modelling is a process of creating a character from a simple box shape. The box is manipulated into more shapes and stretched to fit the required result of the model. This method is very useful as it can be a quick way of getting modelling done. However a downside is that


Edge modelling
This method of modelling involves a tedious process of extruding edges all the way around using reference as a guide. While this method can be efficient and can be beneficial to correct mistakes at an earlier stage, it can be a very tedious process.



First attempt at box modelling
Using the reference as seen in the former post, I used it to model the character using the box modelling method. The result was quite poor as I feel as if I used too many unnecessary vertices that made the model more complicated than it needed to be. In addition, because of this, the mistakes I made were very challenging to fix when this didn't need to be so.

However, credit where credit is due, I'm proud of the way it turned out with consideration that this is a first try. I enjoyed the process behind it and it was not as complex as I anticipated. I really hope to get better at this.

No comments:

Post a Comment