Wednesday 1 November 2017

Cup and box modelling

I have used Pinterest to gather coffee cups from the 1940s. Many of them look extremely fancy like something only a rich person could afford and that is not the cup I am aiming for. The cups I intend on modelling for this project are the ones that appear like lower class ones.























Box modelling
I have used this opportunity to explain box modelling using the coffee cup as an example. First I need to select a standard primitive shape that can be a good starting point for developing the object. In this case it is a coffee cup, so I have chosen a cylinder. Then I need to calculate how many splits I would need around it to extrude the handle. After the handle extrusion, I would need to make a top part including adding a hole being as it is a coffee cup. The basic shape of the cup is now formed but now the lack of polygons makes the cup appear rugged, to finish I need to add a turbosmooth modifier which will make the cup appear like the one on the end, the final mesh.


No comments:

Post a Comment