Friday 16 February 2018

Example CVs

I have searched for some existing CVs that will hopefully give me some inspiration for decorating my CV. Also identifying any errors I can avoid, so I can avoid making those errors myself.

I like this CV with a personal graphically imaged portrait of the person really big on the screen. I like the introductory approach, giving the reader a charming welcome to the CV with a "Hello, I'm Matt." The orange background works well with the foreground. I also like the illustration icons to represent the skills of the person. It gives the CV a better appearance.

























































































This CV uses no images. However the charts as the main eye-catching part of the CV to express skills. The pink strip at the top is a good idea to erase the empty spot of the CV. Though I feel as though this CV is lacking any kind of visual images that could demonstrate the graphic designer's style in digital work.




































It is really interesting how in this CV, the person uses multi-layer pie charts to express their skills. And they use drop symbols to present the necessary contact information. This CV proves that there doesn't need to be a decorated background for the CV to stand out. A white background can be just as effective if done correctly.


























This CV is in black and white, which shows the person's style of the field which they work in. This person has made great use of the black and white, with only those colours alone. This CV makes me think of an old 1940s Noire Newspaper, with the large bold text and the use of tiny illustrations floating around.

























































Using a character to hold up a board seems like a rather interesting way to present a CV because the reader will appear to be given a presentation and will catch the eye of the reader. Big bold writing to highlight the different sections of the CV would also work in grasping the attention of the reader but also adding diversity in the text levels.




































This CV isn't in English based on the look, I can tell that it relies on timelines and charts to get the message across. I do like the drawing background border. The circles in the bottom left corner showing the creativity of the person in question is in my opinion a good way to get the message across.






No comments:

Post a Comment